Bloggers: Jenny Loya
Written by Blogger
The Candid Road
The perfect sand toys for toddlers
Taking a break from photography this week to share with you my perfect sand play bag for toddlers.. How do I know (um…ok think I know) what makes a perfect bag you ask?? (please note: this is for sand play at a park..beach sand play bags are a totally different ballpark.)
- I worked at Toys R us when I was a teen for 3 years I saw a lot of sand toys.
- I am obsessed with toys and really love playing them with kids.
- I have 3 boys ranging in ages from 1-9. We have had or played with just about every sand toy imaginable.
Every time you go to a playground with sand you see a pile of sand toys and no one around playing with them. Every now and then some kids will come over and the same thing happens over and over. The kids don’t pick up the crazy giant sand sifter or the super cool castle molds…they fight over the best shovel and the pail. Every single time. At least in my experience anyways. So to save you from lugging that giant bag of sand toys to the park that never gets played with, and that you inevitably always end up either coming home with 4 more or less with, I am sharing with you the perfect easy to tote get a lot of use out of sand bag.
- Nylon shark Tote. Lightweight and easy to wash
- Wet Ones wipes.Your child will need them (not pictures, but also bring a travel baby powder for easy sand removal. Best trick I ever learned as a Mom)
- Small easy to carry pail
- Bubbles.When fights break out over sand toys bubbles are like a magical cure for ending any and all toddler arguments. Too bad it doesn’t work on adults.
- Spray bottle filled with water (always the most popular, would not hurt to have two)
- Sunscreen.Even though my kids are a quarter Mexican they still ended up with my transparent hue.
- Extra diaper. sand + diaper =nasty
- 3 various digging tools
- One heavy duty shovel that won’t easily break
- NOT PICTURED: juice boxes, water and a couple small snacks
I mostly purchased it all in the in the dollar section at Target just last week! Happy shopping and playing!! One more thing! Don’t forget to use a sharpie to write your name on everything!! You think you will remember what is your, but really, you never will.
To keep up with me you can also find me at:Jenner Rose on Twitter